Have you got cracks running through your brickwork? If so, then give us a call for a free quote before they end up becoming increasingly problematic! Cracks in brickwork can often be the result of inadequate foundations, intrusive tree roots, excess moisture or movements in land.
We will take care of your walls from start to finish! Firstly, we will ascertain the extent of the cracks, the cause (so that we can recommend how to prevent recurrence) and the best method of repair.
Choosing the right specialist for your crack repairs
It is important to choose the right specialists to repair the cracks in your walls, as in the wrong hands, the crack could be merely covered up and then re-occur. This is expensive for you and definitely not the right way to deal with the problem! At Western Wall Services we pride ourselves on ensuring that the work is carried out thoroughly and that we always look for a long-term solution.
Listed below are some guidelines to assess and correct the issue:
- If the crack is wider than 2mm then there will be a structural issue
- If the crack is coming from a window, then it could need a steel lintel replacement
- If the crack is in the bottom 10 courses of brickwork, then you may have a compromised footing
- Upon assessment, our specialists can advise you of the correct cause and remedy for the crack, and take care of the repair...
- It is a great idea to maintain a 'crack diary' detailing the date on which you noticed the crack appearing, monitoring and recording the size of the crack regularly and noting any other information which is concerning you. This can be great for you to know when you'll need to call us, and in assisting us to diagnose the crack also.
For further advice on crack repair or any other building maintenance services, please make an enquiry below or call us direct to book your free inspection and quotation.